Our corporate culture reinforces that our people come first.
Our leadership understands that a legacy of great productivity, high quality, successful projects, and raving clients means nothing if employees cannot return home safely. To be successful with the safety of our workforce, the corporate culture must reinforce that our people come first. When we say “Safety First“ at Porter, what we really mean is people first. Providing a safe workplace is not an option for us, but an integral part of our day-to-day operations. This culture is started and instilled by the leaders of the company.
Business As Usual Means
- We use trained and educated craftsmen.
- We conduct risk assessments.
- Our supervisors take ownership of safety on their jobsites.
- Safety is supported from the top of the company down. Management participates in safety walks through the jobsites.
- We conduct quarterly round-table discussions.
- We keep a high level of communication with the general contractor.
- Our subcontractors are held to the same standards of safety.
- We maintain a standard of excellence.
- The majority of work is done offsite during the BIM process. Less time on the jobsite equals less risk.
The Porter Company Safety Statistics:
- Incident Rate in 2017
- Current EMR effective 4/1/17